Hello! I’m a software engineer manager based in Nashville, TN. My expertise in building and maintaining useful web applications comes from years of experience working in and consulting with newsrooms and publishers across the country.
Where have we met?
Between 2011 and 2014, I was very involved with the Drupal community as a maintainer and contributor on several geospatial-related modules. I was the lead maintainer for Geofield, a module for storing geospatial content in the Drupal database. During my tenure Geofield became one of the leading methods for working with geospatial data in Drupal 7, with an install base of more than 40,000 active installations.
Currently, I am the primary organizer of the East Nashville Code and Coffee group.
Chatting and speaking engagements
I'm excited about telling stories in innovative ways using tools like data visualization, mapping, and chatbots. I'm also interested in talking to folks about to improve the code quality of long-running applications. You can catch me at meetups and conferences speaking on these and other development topics.
I'm particularly interested in meeting other people either working in tech or interested in doing so, especially if you're currently based in the Nashville area.
If you're interested in chatting, please schedule a session with me.
- What’s new in D3.js 4.0 - TechFusion meetup, Washington, DC, July 27, 2016
- Data Viz and Mapping in Drupal for Fun and Profit - ESIP Summer Drupal Lab, July 11, 2014 (video)
- Should Have Made a Left Turn at Albuquerque: Building Maps in Drupal - Drupalcon Portland, May 23, 2013
- Checking in with Mapping in Drupal 7 - DrupalCamp Ohio, December 1, 2012
- DrupalEasy Podcast 82: Mapping Middle Earth - DrupalEasy Podcast, May 2012